Friday 22 February 2013

COVE'S THE WORD


Introducing;Ireland's freshest electronic duo. Cove are not unsimilar to Crystal Castles, though lets hope that I don't get a kick in the face at one of their gigs. The Tipperary natives have just released their first EP, which is available to stream and download on bandcamp. Each track is really annoyingly catchy, which I think is one of the key factors in any successful record. I keep finding the songs stuck in my head and wanting to go back and listen to them over and over again. It's so hard to choose a favourite but I love the feel of 'Slow City'.  It's nice to have a male electronic duo with vocals, as there's not many of them around and I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Cork-based duo live. I've been waiting to hear this EP with a while now, and does it live up to my expectations? Well, not really. It's actually so much better than I expected. I must say, definite stars in the rising!



No comments:

Post a Comment